1. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
“Personally Identifiable Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as name, birth date, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number, or some other identification or registration number.
We may collect Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways, including when:
- You contact us to request information by sending us an e-mail;
- You register for a webinar, to receive our newsletter, or other service through our Website;
- You register for an account or make a purchase through the Website or by phone;
- You complete the questionnaire(s) on the Website, or authorize us to send you reminders, or other communications by e-mail;
- You submit comments to us through a contact form; or
- You participate in a survey, contest, or other promotion.
We may use Personally Identifiable Information:
- To provide you responses and notifications that you authorized, such as purchase order confirmations or newsletters;
- To keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and use it to respond to you if you contact us;
- To send administrative information, such as information regarding the Website and changes to our terms, conditions, or policies;
- For our business purposes, such as improving or modifying our Website, identifying usage trends, and operating and expanding our service offerings;
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate and under applicable law: (1) to comply with legal process; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (3) to enforce our terms and conditions; (4) to protect our operations against, for example, security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; (5) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others using the Website; and (6) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Your Personally Identifiable Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers that provide Website services, such as website hosting, payment gateway, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and web browsing security and analytical tools; two specific web analytic tools that MDA Information Systems uses are Google Analytics and New Relic.
- To a third-party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business; and
- MDA Information Systems LLC reserves the right to disclose information contained in our access logs concerning any user as we reasonably feel is necessary to protect our systems or business. In particular, we reserve the right to disclose such when a user is in violation of our published guidelines, or initiates or participates (or is reasonably believed so) in any illegal activity, even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order, and to disclose such information in response to court and governmental orders, civil subpoenas, discovery requests, and as otherwise required by law.
2. OTHER INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, including, for example: (1) computer or device connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system type and version, device information, and other technical identifiers; (2) information collected through cookies and other technologies; (3) demographic information and other information provided by you; or (4) aggregated information, such as usage history and search history.
If we combine Other Information with Personally Identifiable Information, the combined information will be treated as Personally Identifiable Information for as long as it remains combined.
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is automatically collected by most browsers or through your mobile device, such as your media access control (MAC) address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, language, and Internet browser type and version.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet service provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files, or those of our website hosting vendor, whenever a user accesses the Website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personally Identifiable Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Website. We may aggregate information for a variety of reasons, for example, to calculate the percentage of our Website visitor’s users that live in a particular state or the pages visited most frequently.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
- We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information, such as IP addresses or other similar identifiers, as Personally Identifiable Information under applicable law, then we may use it as described in “How We May Collect Other Information” section above, as well as for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personally Identifiable Information, but we will treat these identifiers as Personally Identifiable Information.
3. THIRD PARTY WEBSITE; LINKS
We are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices of other organizations, such as your ISP, wireless service provider, Facebook, or Google.
4. CHOICES AND ACCESS
You may opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails (e.g., newsletters, CLEs) by following the unsubscribe instructions in any such message or by contacting us [using the means provided on our Contact page, or list specific email here]. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
If you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related e-mails, we may, from time to time, send you administrative messages regarding updates to our policies, your account details, and other transactional and administrative messages. Because this information is important to your interaction with us, you cannot opt-out from receiving transactional and administrative messages.
5. USE OF WEBSITE BY MINORS
We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from individuals under the age of 13 and the Website is not directed to individuals under the age of 13. We request that these individuals not use the Website.
6. INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
The Website are controlled and operated from the United States, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. You are responsible for informing yourself of the laws of your jurisdiction and complying with them. By using the Website, you consent to the transfer of information to the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
8. CONTACTING US